THE TIME IS HERE—When the foothills of the Appalachians come to life with the beauty of the “great white trillium” our state wild flower.
APPALACHIA OHIO ALLIANCE, a non-profit land conservancy serving central and southern Ohio, wishes to share this event with friends and families at Mathias Grove.
- 10:30—ARRIVAL: Naturalist led morning hikes begin.
- 12:30—POTLUCK: Served in the Mathias Grove picnic hall. Please bring a covered dish to share. Table service, drinks and ice cream will be provided, but feel free to bring your own.
- 1:30—AFTERNOON HIKES: Visit one of the many parts of the Mathias Grove and the Demonstration Site properties to view diverse habitats and natural wonders.
- AFTER HIKES: More ice cream.
- 2:30—CLEAN UP: Our friend and neighbor, Bobi Cherryholmes, will lead a clean up of the roadsides along the Demonstration Site towards Rockbridge.
- 3:00—GARLIC MUSTARD PULL: Help us protect our wild- flower habitat from invasive species.
RSVP: Not required unless you feel so inclined.
PARKING: Please park along Bailey Road. Drive back only for deliveries and those with limited mobility.
LAWN CHAIRS: Feel free to bring comfortable seating.
Please, NO PETS. Mathias is SMOKE FREE. Hikes and Potluck will be held rain or shine. Please dress for the weather.